Monday 5 October 2015

ATC's | Terhi Koskinen

Hello 13arts fans.
Terhi here today, excited about my ATC's but also excited our Mixed Media pARTy! Only few weeks to go, and I'm so ready for it. We are going to have so much fun.


But back to real business. I have just discovered the world of Artists Trading Cards, ATC's. First I found them a little weird, I mean, sending cards to someone I don't know for swap? But then, these are excellent way to practice and learn new techniques. The cards are small, official size is 2,5"x3,5" so it's a perfect size for new experiments. And then you'll receive one back for the one you sent yours. Another great opportunity to learn more. People are so talented!


For these cards, there are nine of them to be exact, I played with paper layers and left over alphas.
I'm very tight person, never throwing anything away, so the background in these cards are left over papers covered with left over paints. Some include layer of modelling paste on top, some don't.


To make them match, I used same kind of layering on top. Some black and some grey patterned papers and then the XO's, some black adhesive pearls and finally flicks of mists.
Easy, fun, effective and most importantly - another way to use your scraps and left overs from your mixed media projects!


Have you tried ATC's? Do you find then inspiring?
Thank you for stopping by here today.

Terhi xx

13@rts products:
Stencil - Stars

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful. I have made ATC's since 2006, maybe allmost thousand card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Do you use a website to swap them on? I have just started dabbling in ATCs too and am struggling to find an active swap site.

    ReplyDelete