Thursday 18 June 2015

Shabby Sweet Card with Jelissa

Happy Thursday everyone!

I'm in to share a quick card using some of the fabulous products in their store. I'm using turquoise and pink, which for reason give a really shabby feel to everything.



My background is a very simple sheet of white cardstock. I have not used those for awhile now but I'm re-discovering just how versatile (and fun) they are to use. Background is very simple stenciling and painting with light turquoise chalk mist in two layers - one watered down first coat and a second more intense coat with just enough water for drips. The gradation of tones create a very eye-catching and pleasing effect. I didn't splatter the whole background with color because I want some of the white from the modeling paste to give relief and contrast to the white cardstock.

Some close-ups:



Creating lots of texture with different fabric layers. My wooden bird was first covered with White Matt Paint followed by watered down Metallic Turquoise paint. Beneath that is a left-over piece of chain chippie (from Blue Fern Studios) which I had painted with Old Silver Metallic Paint. The resin frame was given generous drops of slightly watered Metallic Turquoise paint. 



Some more textural detail using silver and clear microspheres, as well as the bigger plastic spheres with mica flakes. My roses were white to start with but I altered them with dabs of Raspberry Matt paint. Everything on the white cardstock is then mounted onto a sheet I trimmed out from Mental Vacation (Summer Snow).

13@rts products used:
The paper "Summer Snow", Natural mica flakes PEARLAyeeda Paint METALLIC! Old SilverAyeeda Paint METALLIC! TurquoiseAyeeda Paint - Matte RaspberryMist Chalk - Chalk Turqoise LightAcrylic Ink SPLASH! WhiteMedium acrylic liquid - Liquid Acrylic MediumPlastic microspheresGlass microspheres D2
That's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by! 

love,

2 comments: